At Repsol we have our own reticulation system with which we produce our polymer-modified bitumens. This system makes it possible to obtain a product with a microscopically homogeneous structure and that guarantees its stability in storage.
Designed to adapt to roads with the highest traffic demands, polymer-modified bitumens offer significant advantages in terms of performance of the bituminous mixtures, including:
- Greater cohesion, which makes it possible to obtain structures with more critical granulometries
- Greater resistance to fatigue, reducing the risk of cracking
- Greater service durability, since greater resistance to aging is achieved in adverse conditions
- Greater adhesiveness to aggregates
- Increased service temperature interval
- Greater resistance to plastic deformation (ruts)
Due to their configuration and rheological performance, the same usage recommendations cannot be used in polymer-modified bitumens as in conventional bitumens. Therefore, Repsol has a Technical Assistance and Development Department oriented towards assessing our customers on the best conditions of use of this product.